"Mama, what do trees do?" Silas asks. "They take in the icky air, you know like the black exhaust from cars, and turns it into clean air"
"So do they breath like people, or in a different way, and does grass breath the same way"~S
"They have tiny little holes on the leaves and blades of grass that suck in the icky air and make it clean"~me
"I saw a tiny hole on a leaf once...was that the breathing hole...or are they much smaller? Because I eat my carrots I might be able to see them you know"~S
"No, we cannot see them with our eyes, we would need a microscope...we should get one so that we can see the little holes"~me
After quite time Silas came down the stairs with binoculars ready to see the little holes on the leaves.
2 comments:
I hope there is a way to save your blog postings for posterity - like a living scrapbook/picture album. This is precious stuff.
I love the way his little mind works!
Post a Comment