Pool time with Papa

Since my big camera has had two broken lenses for quite some time now I have
been enjoying once again trying to capture wonderful pictures
with my little Lumix. So grateful for Jake's big camera
when I have gone to do photo shoots. 
Not so sure people would feel right if I showed up on a shoot and 
whipped out my camera the size of a cell phone, HA!
 Anyhow, I have been able to get some great shots with the handy little
camera and I am NOT complaining. I am so 
grateful that I am still able to capture moments and treasure them.
 Silas has not quite mastered swimming, but has no fear (ususally) when jumping into open arms in the pool.
Last week he did ask me with hands on my face to make sure I was looking in his eyes "Mama, what does drowning mean?"
That is not really a question I wanted to discuss with our four year old.
But from the look in his eye I knew he understood and just wanted me to confirm it for him.
 I told him that it is when you do not float but sink and then go to be with Grandma in Heaven.
He nodded his head and said "that is why you want me to learn how to swim, because you don't want me to go to heaven yet...and why I need to be careful around the pool?" 
Yes, my little man...that is why.
 Strong Papa could do this for ages!
Belly flops and splashing fun...the pool is some never ending action. 
Very thankful that it is there to enjoy whenever we want.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

SO JEALOUS OF YOUR SUN.