The little man has been asking me to make him some shorts for quite some time now.
We just kept forgetting to get some fabric.
Most of the things I make for myself are re-purposed reused clothes.
This thought got me thinking and scrounging through some stuff and I came up with this shirt.
It used to be Grandads and was given to me for a different craft.
It's only problem was one arm was mostly torn off, not a problem for making shorts though.
Grabbed his favorite pair of shorts and cut out two fronts, two backs, and two squares for pockets.
Quick little sewing...I didn't have any elastic but found a skirt in the refashion basket and stole it's elastic.
I am assuming that I should have sewn the pockets on before they were in the shorts shape, but it didn't really seem to matter.
Ta da...Shorts!! And he LOVES them and keeps talking about how I said I was going to make them and I did. Apparently this keeping your word thing is a big deal!:)
Here he is wearing them (yes, he walks on his toe knuckles, ouch is right) and I have been informed that they are super comfy.
From cutting out to his wearing them was about a half hour..this included the mad search for elastic!
2 comments:
love it! Dash is a 3T if you have any more shirts lying around....
Okay...can you make a pair of shorts!! ;)
They look so comfortable! :)
I love the pic with Silas with his hands in his pockets! :)
Post a Comment