The butterfly whisperer

I know, I have written about it before but Silas really does have a way with the wildlife.
Today as I sat on the front porch reading a magazine amidst the bird chatter and buzzing bees Silas was 
sitting and watching.
"Mama, I need to get my butterfly catcher"
They were calling him and their call was stronger than the paddling pool.
 There with his tongue slightly out he is petting a butterfly instead of catching it. 
The winged creature had landed on the butterfly catcher instead of in, no problem...Silas just wanted to 
pet him anyhow.
 Just in case you wondered, when I go up to pet a butterfly they like to fly away. 
It is like they know Silas just loves them bunches so they sit and chat with him.
 And yes, bumble bees too!:)
As Silas will tell you," they only sting from one spot and you wouldn't want to touch there anyhow."

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Niiice. No, you wouldn't want to touch there anyhow indeed. Silas and Amarra could have their own reality show, The Bug Whisperers. Thins the Discovery Channel would go for it?